some resources from the conference interview circuit, including two Apple apps with podcasts. More to come…
- Veroniiiica.com, “Veronica with 4 eyes”,,, excellent explanations of technology and daily living tips, from a college student
- BlindAbilities.com,podcasts with blindness perspective, also available through a free IOS app. Recent interview about bar-code readers IDMate and ScriptTalk (for prescriptions)
- BlindBargains.com, news, sales, and banter, also has a free IOS app. July 2018 interview with talking traffic crossing systems Polara.com
- EyesOnSuccess.net, weekly podcast on vision-related topics. Comparing “tag and scan” with Pen Friend and IDMate, check out WayAround.com, a free IOS app with a versatile label store system, interviewed July 2018.
- Access World from AFB, reviews and conference updates
- CoolBlindTech.com, podcasts and articles, March 2017 article on Dolphin Guide
2 thoughts on “Resources, Conferences, updates”
Useful information on older products and product names. 10 year look back! This would help organize donated products if a repository is created.
Thanks to Joe at BlindBargains.
Informative podcast on electronic eyewear https://EyesOnSuccess.net March 20 from an organization that links eye doctors with macular degeneration patients https://OEpatients.org. Includes ORCAM and also remote guidance services.
EyesOnSuccess is a weekly, well-produced podcast with over 200 episodes (8 years) from retired blind-sighted couple, former physicists, living in Colorado. Search for a topic then download and listen for 15 minutes. Lots of sorts, entertainment, and background on talk books.